The mango mousse cake is the perfect treat if you’re a mango lover looking for a heavenly dessert. Bursting with the tropical sweetness of mangoes and the lightness of mousse, this cake is a divine experience that will impress your taste buds.
Now we will guide you through the simple steps on how to make mango mouse cake at home. Get ready to savour the flavours of ripe mangoes in every delicious bite!
What is Mango Mousse Made Of?
Mango mousse is a creamy and fluffy dessert that is made primarily with ripe mangoes, whipped cream, and gelatin.
Mango Mousse Cake Recipe: Main Ingredients
To create the perfect and easy mango mousse cake at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the sponge cake:
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the mango mousse:
– 2 cups ripe mango pulp (approximately 3-4 medium-sized mangoes)
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1 tablespoon gelatin
– 1/4 cup water
For the mango glaze:
– 1/2 cup mango pulp
– 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon gelatin
– 2 tablespoons water
Mango Mouse Cake Recipe: Preparation
1. Sponge Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a cake pana dn line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into the egg mixture. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the batter, ensuring no lumps remain.
- Gradually add the milk and vanilla extract to the batter, stirring gently until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
2. Mango Mousse
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water and let it bloom for about 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the ripe mangoes until smooth. Set it aside.
- Whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- In a separate saucepan, gently heat the bloomed gelatin over low heat until it dissolves completely.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the mango puree and mix well.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mango mixture gently. Ensuring a smooth and airy texture.
- Cut the sponge cake horizontally into two equal layers. Place one layer in the bottom of a cake ring.
- Pour half of the mango mousse mixture over the cake layer and spread it evenly. Place the second cake layer on top and pour the mousse mixture.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours or until set.
3. Mango Glaze
- Heat the mango pulp and powdered sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until warm.
- Dissolve gelatin in water and let it bloom for 5 minutes in a separate bowl.
- Add the bloomed gelatin to the warm mango pulp and mix well until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Allow the mango glaze to cool slightly before pouring it over the chilled mango mousse cake.
- Carefully pour the glaze over the cake, spreading uniformly.
- Return the cake to the refrigerator and let it set for an hour.
What is Mousse in Cake?
Mousse is a term used to describe a light and airy dessert with a creamy texture. In the context of a cake, mousse is a layer placed between cake layers or used as a filling. It adds moisture, flavour, and a velvety consistency to the cake.
Mousse combines whipped cream (or sometimes egg whites) with a flavoured base such as fruit puree, chocolate, or custard. The whipped cream provides the mousse with its fluffy texture, while the base ingredient adds a distinct flavour profile.
What is Mango Cake Made Of?
Mango cake refers to a cake that includes the flavours of mango in its batter or frosting. The main components of a mango cake include:
- Mango puree: Ripe mangoes are pureed to create a smooth and fruity base for the cake batter. The puree infuses the cake with the vibrant and tropical taste of mango.
- Cake Batter: The cake batter generally consists of essential ingredients such as all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, butter baking powder, and milk. The mango puree is incorporated into the batter, creating a moist and flavorful cake.
- Frosting: Mango cake can be paired with various frostings, including cream cheese, buttercream, or even a mango-flavoured frosting. The frosting adds richness and enhances the mango flavour.
By combining these key elements, mango cake brings together the essence of mangoes, resulting in a delicious dessert. So, gather your ingredients, follow the preparation steps and make an easy mango mouse cake at home.
Ready for More? Check Out Related Articles: